Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Tidbits

Two unrelated but happy bits to share with you all today. First, Steve and I were so fortunate last week to be on the receiving end of the kindness of a stranger. A sweet woman (found on craigslist!) who is done having kids gave us no less than a co-sleeper bassinet, two sling carriers, and a mobile! We figured we could have spent upwards of $300 if we had bought this stuff new and quite a bit even for the used items as they were all in great condition. What a sweet gift for us. Kindness that makes the world seem right.

The second bit of news is less swarmy, but equally good. I was able to get an H1N1 shot at my regular Dr. appointment yesterday. From what I have read about this particular flu and the vaccine, I believe the benefits of immunity to this bug far outweigh any potential risks involved. I feel good knowing that I should be well protected when I enter the third trimester in 5 weeks, and that I should be able to pass on this protection to our little one when they arrive.

Baby is definitely making its presence known lately; kicking, rolling and twitching up a storm this week!

No comments: