Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baby knits



I do apologize for being MIA this month. My energies for the past few weeks have been focused on preparing my exit seminar - a department wide talk that graduate students give toward the end of their degree - which was this past Thursday. I'm happy to report that seminar went well and gave me confidence that I will be able to graduate this spring :)

So for your viewing pleasure today, I thought I might share some of the knitted bits that I've been working on the past few weeks. I found that I can get quite a bit of knitting done on bus rides to and from campus. And of course, baby knits are the best because they are finished so quickly ;)

Tiny slippers to match the mittens at the top (or as Steve calls them - baby hand bags).



And a spring green leaf hat with stripy pants knit in a yarn called 'Apple Orchard' - how great is that! I thought this onesie looked too cute so I had to make an outfit of it.



If you are interested, the patterns I used are mostly found for FREE on a great knit & crochet site called Ravelry. I'm contemplating what project to start next, diaper cover or tiny sweater? Ah, this is too much fun!

4 comments:

Jessica Rabbit said...

So cute, seester! Congrats on your presentation, BIG sigh of relief! Love you!

Jessy

True Fan said...

Anna:

You are so stinking cute!!! I think the pants are my fave. I'm so glad to see you're doing well (same goes for Steve). All my love, hugs, and kisses to your family - esp the little March bundle you've got growing :)

Love you,
Musk

Mr. Negativo said...

You're getting pretty good with the knitting stuff. Holy smokes! Glad to hear your presentation went well.

tiffanie said...

anna - those are TOOO cute! love them!

-tiffanie