Saturday, February 27, 2010

Take it easy

Well, the past couple weeks have been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. My blood pressure is still high and creeping up. The doc is having me do twice weekly non-stress tests and once weekly ultrasounds to make sure that baby is happy and still growing well (high BP can compromise blood flow to the placenta). To our relief, little Chickie is doing really well. I feel so happy each time we get good results from these tests. Other than the high BP I haven't presented with any symptoms of preeclampsia, but they are keeping a very close eye on me since it can show up really fast. I started working half days last week to get more rest and I think I'll be working from home from now until the baby arrives to keep myself as healthy as possible.

Chickie is getting nice and cozy in my belly and I hope I can continue to be a good home until it's ready to come out and play :)

No comments: